Maybe you want to make your friends jealous by showing them the root-only apps that don’t work on their unrooted phones? Maybe you just want to flash a few custom ROMs on your device? Either way, this guide should help. The first step towards doing all these customizations is root your device. Once you’re rooted, you’ll have a number of opportunities to customize your device the way you want. So let us first show you how you can root your HTC One SV smartphone and then go about doing customizations:
I. Before You Begin:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. You must have unlocked bootloader of your device. If you haven’t, do so now from here.
3. This procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. ClockworkMod Recovery Image (Download link’s available in the first post)
2. SuperSU ZIP
III. Rooting the HTC One SV:
1. Download and place all three files onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Fastboot archive over to your Desktop.
3. Rename the Recovery Image to recovery.img. It’ll make the referencing easier.
4. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by simply heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
5. Once it’s been turned ON, plug in your device to your PC via USB cable.
6. Copy the SuperSU ZIP over to the root of your SD card.
7. Open a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. To do so, simply hold down the Shift button and right-click anywhere on your Desktop and choose Open command window here.
8. Type in following command into the Command Prompt Window:
adb reboot bootloader
9. Once inside bootloader, type in following command:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
10. It will flash the recovery on your device, should take a couple of minutes to finish.
11. Once the recovery’s been flashed, you’ll see it appearing in the HBOOT menu. Simply select it using hardware buttons on your device.
12. Once in Recovery, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
13. Choose the SuperSU ZIP to be flashed on your device.
14. It’ll begin flashing the ZIP on your device.
15. Once the flashing’s done, reboot your device.
16. You’re all done!
Brilliant! You’ve successfully rooted your device as well as flashed a custom recovery on it. Flashing ROMs isn’t a big deal for you now!
The normal procedure to install Busybox doesn’t work for this device, so you’ll need to take help of this guide.
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the HTC One SV to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.