Micromax’s latest launch – the Canvas 2 Plus – offers some of the greatest Android features along with a nice set of hardware to the users. Many of the Android users just couldn’t resits themselves from buying this new device and got their pockets damaged. If you’re one of many users of this device, you’d be glad to know that a root method has just been discovered for this device that allows you to modify all the elements of your device, including the system apps and launchers, and you can have complete freedom on your device. If you’re a newbie into rooting devices, you’ll find the guide below to be a boon (at least we hope so) for you. So go ahead and get your hands dirty.
I. Before You Begin:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This should work on Windows based PCs only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
III. Rooting the Micromax Canvas 2 Plus:
1. Download and place the Root Package archive on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive over to your Desktop.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Make sure you choose Storage mode as the connection type.
6. Let it install the drivers on your PC.
7. Once the drivers have been installed, change the connection mode to Media device.
8. Now double-click on the file named RunMe.bat that’s available on your Desktop.
9. Choose the first option to root your device.
10. And it’ll start rooting your device.
11. Reboot your device once it’s been rooted.
12. You’re all done!
Congratulations! Your Canvas 2 Plus device’s been successfully rooted and is all ready to be loaded with your favorite root-only apps!
IV. Flash a Custom Recovery Image (Optional):
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Micromax Canvas 2 Plus to learn how to do that.