If you’ve got the latest Sony Xperia Z1 smartphone and your hands are itching to get all those lucrative root-only apps up and running on your device, then you should definitely root your device. Rootings unlocks a whole new world for you to discover, where you’ll find the latest and greatest apps, more customization options and a lot more. So here’s how you can go about rooting your Xperia Z1:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This should work on Windows based PCs only.
1. vroot (Download link’s given in the second post)
1. Download and place the vroot executable file on your Desktop.
2. Double-click on the executable file and install the program on your PC.
3. Once it’s been installed, launch it from your Desktop.
4. Plug in your device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Hit Root button in the tool and it’ll start rooting your device.
6. You’ll get a confirmation message once your device’s been rooted.
7. You’re all done!
Excellent! You’ve successfully rooted your Xperia Z1 smartphone and now get ready to explore the world of root-only apps!
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Sony Xperia Z1 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.