It’s always been a dream of every Android user to customize his or her device without any kind of restrictions and with things like rooting this has become a reality. Rooting allows you to modify system level files to make your device work the way you want it to. If Lenovo A60+ is what you want to have root-access on, you’re at the right place. The guide below shows how you can go about rooting your Lenovo A60+ and getting the best out of it. Here you go:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC. If you don’t, get the latest drivers from here.
3. Flash Tool
1. Download and place all the files onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from Mobile Uncle and Recovery, Flash Tool and Firmware Upgrade archives over to your Desktop.
3. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
4. Copy the Mobile Uncle APK as well as Recovery Image you extracted from the archive over to the root of your SD card.
5. Once both of these have been copied, disconnect your device from your PC.
6. Remove the SIM card as well as SD card from your device, keep the battery in.
7. Double-click on the Flash Tool executable file available on your Desktop.
8. In the tool, click on Scatter-loading button and choose the Scatter file available in the Boot folder on your Desktop.
9. Select all the options available on your Flash Tool screen.
10. Click Firmware followed by Upgrade button in the tool.
11. On your device, press and hold the Volume UP button and plug your device in to your PC using the USB cable.
12. Once the progress bar turns Red in the tool, you can let go the Volume UP button.
13. It should begin flashing the firmware on your device.
14. Once the firmware’s been flashed, close the Flash Tool and disconnect your device from your PC.
15. Reboot your device.
16. You’ll notice that your language has been changed to Chinese. To get back to English, head to Settings>>Languages>>First option and choose English.
17. Turn OFF your device.
18. Put your SIM card and SD card back in your device.
19. Turn ON your device.
20. Pull down the notification bar and disable GPS and Data connection.
21. Head to Menu>>Settings>>Applications and enable the Unknown sources option.
22. Open the File Manager app on your device and install the Mobile Uncle APK you copied to your device in step-4.
23. Launch the Mobile Uncle app from your App Drawer.
24. Select Flash Recovery from SD card option in the app and choose the Recovery Image you copied earlier to your device.
25. It should flash the recovery on your device.
26. Once it’s done, copy the Philippine Stock ROM zip over to the root of your SD card.
27. Turn OFF your device.
28. Turn it back on by holding down Volume UP+Power buttons together.
29. You should now be in CWM Recovery mode.
30. Select wipe data/factory reset option in the CWM mode. It should wipe all the data on your device.
31. Select wipe cache partition option to wipe the cache data stored on your device.
32. Now select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
33. Choose the Philippine Stock ROM zip to be flashed on your device.
34. And it’ll begin flashing thee rooted stock ROM on your device.
35. Reboot your device once the ROM has been flashed.
36. You’re all set!
Excellent! After quite a lengthy procedure, we’re done rooting our Lenovo A60+ device and we’re all ready to enjoy our favorite root-only apps on our device!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Lenovo A60+ to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.