Want to root your brand new Motorola Moto G smartphone? If your answer is Yes, the guide below is all you need. Rooting your device will let you enjoy the true potential of your device namely root-only apps, custom recoveries and custom ROMs. Here’s how you can root your Moto G:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. Your bootloader must be unlocked in order to use this procedure. Please head to this site and get your bootloader unlocked first.
1. Superboot (Download link’s available in the first post)
1. Download and place the Superboot archive onto your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the archive over to your Desktop.
3. Turn OFF your Moto G.
4. Reboot your Moto G into bootloader mode. To do so, simply hold down the Volume DOWN+Power buttons together and you should boot into the bootloader mode.
5. Right-click on superboot-windows.bat and select Run as administrator.
6. It’ll automatically start rooting your device.
7. It’ll notify you when your device’s rooted.
8. You’re all done!
Awesome! You’ve successfully rooted your Motorola Moto G and you now have all the doors open to the world of custom developments!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss