The Gionee Elife E3 might not have much going for it in terms of looks, but underneath its rounded exterior, it’s all good – quad-core 1.2GHz processor, 8MP camera, 4.7 inch screen and Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS. And let’s not forget a very cheap price tag. We’ll show you how to root your Gionee E3 in the post below and you should be in complete control of your device (and by control, we mean overclocking/underclocking, changing themes, etc.) in no time!
1. Back up everything you care about before you begin as you will lose all your data.
2. Charge your device to 75% or more before you begin.
3. Install the necessary drivers before you start.
motochopper.zip [Link available in this post]
1. Enable USB Debugging on your device by going to Settings > Development and ticking the USB debugging checkbox.
2. Connect your device to your PC. If there are drivers being installed at this point, let them do so.
3. Extract motochopper.zip to a folder on your desktop.
4. From the extracted folder, double-click on run.bat to begin the rooting process.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions.
6. When you are prompted to accept USB Debugging connection on your device, tap on OK.
Your Elife E3 will be completely rooted once it reboots!
If you want to install a custom recovery (and later on, custom ROMs), check our guide here.