On our previous post, you learned how to install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Galaxy Trend Plus. If you have done that, rooting it is pretty easy and you’ll have no trouble if you have already poked around your newly custom recovery. The guide below will show you how to your Galaxy Trend Plus and you can be off overclocking/underclocking, changing color schemes/icons, or whatever else you can do when you are rooted in no time!
I. Before You Begin
1. Charge your device to 75% or more before you start to prevent unwanted shutdowns.
2. While data loss is highly unlikely, backing up is a good idea always.
3. You will need ClockworkMod Recovery installed for this procedure to work. If you don’t have it already, use our guide here.
II. Necessary Downloads
UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip [or latest version available]
III. Rooting the Galaxy Trend Plus
1. Connect your device to your PC and copy the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip file you downloaded above to your device’s internal SD card (do not put it into any subfolders, just dropping it into the main folder of the SD card will do).
2. Disconnect your device, power it down and boot it into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, with the device powered off, press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons for five seconds until you see CWM Recovery.
3. Use the Volume Up and Down keys to highlight the Install zip option and the Power button to execute it.
4. Next, select Choose zip from internal SD card.
5. Navigate to the location of the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip file and select it to start flashing it.
6. Once flashed, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
Your Galaxy Trend Plus is now fully rooted! If you don’t believe us, install any root-requiring app from the Play Store or look for the Superuser app in the app drawer.