Luca Todesco, the Italian jailbreaker that showed off jailbreaks in the past without releasing them has finally released a jailbreak of his own. His tool, called Yalu, works to jailbreak iOS 10 up to iOS 10.1.1.
Unfortunately, iOS 10.2 is out so that means this will only work for those that haven’t updated to 10.2 yet and will, of course, become obsolete as more people update to 10.2 (since you can’t downgrade back to 10.1.1). But, if you are on iOS 10.1.1 or a lower version of iOS 10, feel free to follow the steps below to get jailbroken and get Cydia on your iPhone.
I would have done a video for this but of all the iPhones I have here, none are on on iOS 10 that aren’t already on iOS 10.2 🙁
2. Double click Cydia Impactor and either put it in your Applications folder on Mac or let it install if you are on Windows.
3. Connect your iPhone via USB cable.
4. Open Cydia Impactor and you should see your device name listed in it letting you know it sees it.
5. Drag and drop the Yalu .ipa file onto the Cydia Impactor window.
6. Put in your iCloud user name and password (this will send it to Apple to get a personal certificate for the installation of the file).
7. Go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management and tap on the profile that has your email there.
8. Tap trust.
9. Tap the mach_portal app on the screen to open it. You’ll see a white screen, just be patient and let it do it’s thing for a while. It’ll reboot when done.
Now you can head to Cydia and see if there are any tweaks that work, otherwise, wait until it gets updated so that more work and just sit with the jailbreak for now.
Let me know how this worked for you and good luck!
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss