How to Flash a Custom Recovery on the LG G Flex (Korean Version)
If you think just root-access isn’t sufficient for you to enjoy what your device has to offer, then you should start looking for some custom ROMs for your device. What these ROMs do is they change the entire appearance as well as features of your device, resulting in a more user-driven phone than a company-driven phone. Usually a custom ROM brings with it some additional features on top of those default features you get in stock firmware. To flash a custom ROM on your device, you’re gonna need a custom recovery and the guide below shows exactly how you can get one up and running on your device in no time. So follow the guide given below and get a custom recovery flashed on your device:
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the LG G Flex procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. This only works for the LG G Flex (Korean) variant.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. TWRP Recovery Image (Scroll half-way down and you’ll see the Download link)
III. Flashing a Custom Recovery on the LG G Flex:
1. Download and place the TWRP Recovery Image onto your Desktop.
2. Plug in your device to your PC via USB cable.
3. Copy the Recovery Image you placed on your Desktop over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once it’s been copied, unplug your device from your PC.
5. Head over to the Google Play and download and install the Terminal Emulator app on your device.
6. Once the app’s been installed, open it from your App Drawer.
7. Type in following commands into the app. Make sure to replace recoveryfilename.img with the actual name of the Recovery Image you have downloaded:
dd if=/sdcard/recoveryfilename.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
8. It should flash the recovery on your device.
9. And you’re all set!
Excellent! Your LG G Flex smartphone has been successfully flashed with a custom recovery and you now have a lot more to do on your device than before!
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the LG G Flex to learn how to do that.