How to Root HTC One X
At Mobile World Congress 2012, HTC announced a quad-core smartphone labeled as HTC One X. The phone is really good and the shipping of the same has begun in some of the countries of the world. Once you get the phone into your hands, you will probably be thinking to root it to access a whole new world of possibilities with this phone. So, here’s a guide for rooting your HTC One X smartphone.
I. Before You Begin:
- The warranty of the phone will be voided once you root it. You can get back the warranty of the device by unrooting your phone, however.
II. Downloading Required Files:
- You will need a PC/Laptop running Windows, Linux or Mac OS.
- Download InsecureBootandRoot script from here.
III. Rooting HTC One X:
- First of all, extract the files from the InsecureBootandRoot ZIP archive and put them on Desktop.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone by going to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging, tick-mark the box.
- Turn OFF your smartphone.
- Now, put your phone into the bootloader mode by pressing Volume DOWN and the Power key simultaneously.
- Press the Power key again to enter into the fastboot.
- Connect your phone to your PC using the original USB cable that came with the phone.
- a) If you are using a Windows PC, double-click the install-insecure-windows.bat file and it will begin rooting your phone.
b) If you are on Linux, then open the Terminal window where you have put the extracted files, i.e., Desktop and run the following commands:
chmod +x install-insecure-linux.sh
c) If you are using Mac as your OS, then open a Terminal window where you put extracted files, i.e., Desktop and issue the following commands:
chmod +x install-insecure-mac.sh
- Once you have done issuing commands appropriate for your OS, the process of rooting the phone will start.
- The phone will then reboot and remaining files will be installed on your phone afterwards.
Congrats ! You have successfully rooted your phone using the above root method. If you liked it, then please donate/thank the inventors of this root method at XDA.