There’s no doubt that you haven’t rooted your HTC One X. After all, the phone’s got an awesome set of hardware and to let the full potential of the device to come out, root access is a must. If you’re going to return your device to the company store, then you must unroot it first. In the below guide, you’ll find everything you need to unroot your HTC One X smartphone.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. This will replace the custom recovery on your device with the stock recovery.
II. Downloading Required Files:
2. Stock Recovery (Download link’s given in the first post, in Step-3)
3. RUU (Download link’s given in the first post, in Step-4)
III. Unrooting the HTC One X:
1. Download and place all the files onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Fastboot archive to your Desktop.
3. Turn OFF your device.
4. Reboot your device into the Fastboot mode by pressing and holding the Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
5. Connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
6. Open a Command Prompt Window on the Desktop of your PC. To do so, press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and right-click on any empty area on the screen, then choose Open command window here.
7. Enter the following command into the Command Prompt Window:
fastboot flash recovery recovery_signed_1.28.img
8. It should install the Stock Recovery on your device. After it has finished installing, enter the following command:
fastboot oem lock
9. Your device’s bootloader is now relocked.
10. Still in the Fastboot mode, double-click on the RUU file you downloaded earlier and follow the on-screen instructions.
11. You’re now unrooted !
Wonderful! You have successfully flashed the stock recovery, relocked the bootloader and unrooted your device. Your phone now runs on the official firmware from HTC.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.