Rooting is the process of gaining administrative rights on your Android device. Once we root our Android device, we can then make changes to it to customize it well beyond what it normally can do.
Once you have root access on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0, you’ll be able to:
- Remove apps that were preinstalled by your carrier/manufacturer from your device.
- Free up storage space (because of the above benefit).
- Increase battery life (apps that might have been running constantly can be removed).
- Increase performance (after removing apps that are always running, the device will be less bogged down and run smoother).
- Update to a new version of Android (by flashing a custom recovery/ROM, see the end of this procedure for more info on that).
- Tons of other customizations when you use your new found administrative rights to flash a custom ROM (again, see the end of this procedure for more info on that).
Interested? Here’s how to root your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0:
I. Before You Begin
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This only works on Windows based PCs.
II. Downloading Required Files
1. Download Odin and save it to your Desktop.
2. Download CWM Recovery and save it to your Deskop.
T210.CWM.188.8.131.52.recovery.tar.zip (It’s attached in the first post)
3. Download Universal Root and save it to your Desktop.
Universal Root (It’s attached in the first post)
III. Flashing a Custom Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
1. Extract files from Odin and CWM Recovery archives by right-clicking on each of them and selecting Extract here.
2. Double-click on Odin executable and it should launch.
3. Click on PDA and choose the recovery file you just extracted from the archive.
4. Make sure only Auto Reboot option is checked in the Odin.
5. Turn OFF your device.
6. Turn it back on by holding down Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
7. When a warning message appears on your screen, hit Volume UP button and you’ll enter Download mode.
8. Plug in your device to your PC via USB cable.
9. Hit Start in the Odin and it’ll start flashing the CWM Recovery on your device.
10. Once the recovery’s been flashed, your device should automatically reboot.
11. You’re done!
IV. Rooting the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
1. Ensure your device is connected to your PC.
2. Copy the Universal Root from your Desktop over to the root of your SD card.
3. Once it’s been copied, disconnect your device from your PC.
4. Turn OFF your device.
5. Turn it back on by holding down Volume UP+Home+Power buttons together.
6. Your device should reboot into CWM Recovery mode.
7. Once in Recovery, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
8. Choose the Universal Root zip to be flashed on your device.
9. Once the zip has been flashed, reboot your device.
10. You’re now rooted!
All set! Now, you can head to our How to Flash a Custom ROM procedure for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 to open up a whole new world of customizations for your Android device!
By the way, don’t be scared, you can always put your device back to stock by heading to our Rooting How To’s section, finding your device, and doing the How to Unroot listed for it there.