So, the wait is finally over. Here comes WhatsApp with its web version for iPhone users — a feature that has long been enjoyed by pretty much every other mobile operating system besides iOS for some time now.
Finally, both Apple and WhatsApp have settle whatever reasoning there was for them not cooperating in the first place and enabled access for the WhatsApp Web client iPhone users. The web client allows you to text your friends right from your computer using any web browser.
As is the protocol here, we do a how to guide whenever something comes up and excites us. So for you folks, here’s how to get the WhatsApp Web feature to work on an iPhone:
Using WhatsApp Web on an iPhone:
I. Update the WhatsApp app
1. If you aren’t running the latest version of WhatsApp on your iPhone, you won’t see the Web client option. So, go ahead and hit up the App Store to update your version of the WhatsApp app on your iPhone.
II. Using the WhatsApp Web feature on an iPhone
1. Launch WhatsApp on your iPhone.
2. Tap on Settings in the bottom-right corner.
3. Tap on WhatsApp Web on the screen that follows.
4. Open a web browser on your PC (Google Chrome, for example).
5. Type in the following URL and press enter:
6. You should see a QR code in your browser.
7. Scan the QR code using your iPhone.
8. The browser should launch the WhatsApp interface for you.
9. You’re all set!
You’re all ready to start texting your WhatsApp contacts right from your PC.
If you happen to use Chrome, you can enable the message notifications in your browser. That way you won’t have to look at your iPhone to see if you received a new message as your browser will keep you alerted of incoming messages.
So, did you finally get some relief from switching between various of your devices to text your WhatsApp friends? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!