How To: Unroot the HTC Evo
I. Before You Begin
1. The only reason to unroot a phone is if you have to send it back in for warranty purposes. Otherwise just try loading a different ROM instead…
II. Get Back to Out of Box State
1. Download HTC Sync (if you don’t already have it) and the Original RUU and save it to your computer.
2. Double click the HTC Sync program and install it.
3. Plug your phone into the computer via USB cable and select HTC Sync when prompted on the phone on how it should connect.
4. Double click the RUU exe you just downloaded and follow the prompt to restore the phone back to factory settings.