How To: Unroot the T-Mobile MyTouch 4G
I. Before You Begin
1. This is how to unroot your MyTouch 4G if you used our How To Temp Root then Perm Root procedures.
2. If you did the “true perm root/cid/radio s-off” procedure as well then do this but add the steps it says to add.
II. (THIS IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO DID THE GFREE PROCEDURE, IF YOU DIDN’T SKIP TO SECTION III). Undo GFree
1. Copy your ”part7backup-whatevernuberitscalled.bin” that was created when you originally did the GFree procedure to root to the root of your sdcard
2. Open a command prompt and navigate to your sdk tools folder
3. Type “adb push gfree /data/local” and hit enter
4. Open up terminal emulator or adb shell and type “su” press enter to get root privileges.
5. Type “cd /data/local” and hit enter
6. Now type “chmod 777 gfree” and hit enter to make the program executable
7. Type “cd /data/local” and hit enter.
8. Now type “./gfree” + enter to run gfree again. It will disable wp on the emmc and remove the brq filter in the kernel. (as well as make another backup, which you can delete if you wish)
9. Now run the “dd if=/sdcard/part7backup-whatevernumberitscalled.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7″ and it should show the output:
10. Run “sync” and then reboot.
Thanks to JJJackson56 from XDA for this section!
1. Download the PD15IMG file and save it to your computer.
2. Plug your phone in via USB cable and copy the PD15IMG.zip file onto the root of your SD card (NOT in any folder, just on the sd card itself. Do NOT extract it, leave it as a .zip).
3. Turn off the phone and unplug it from the computer.
4. Turn the phone on by holding down Volume Down and Power until you get into bootloader mode.
5. It should automatically find the PD15IMG file on the sd card and ask you to procedure. Say yes and wait for it to update.
6. Once it is done, it’ll ask you to reboot. Say yes and wait for it to reboot. Once it does, your all set!
Thanks to Football @ XDA for the new PD15IMG file and procedure!
Thanks to Phateless @ XDA for sending this in!