This tutorial will show you how to trick the Android Market into thinking you’re in a different country in order to download applications that are available abroad.
Before You Begin:
- You need to have a rooted Android device.
I. Download Files:
- You need to download “MarketEnabler.apk” for the application itself, you can find it in Android Market or in external links.
II. Install the Market Enabler Application:
- First you must make sure your device allows for non-Market applications to be installed. From the home screen on your phone, press menu > settings > applications > make sure that “Unknown Sources” box is checked.
- Using any file manager, locate the MarketEnabler.apk file you downloaded and install the application.
- Download and install it directly from Android Market on your device.
III. Use it:
- Access the application’s Country List and tap in whatever Market Country you want.
- Once registered in that country you can notice the Market`s differences.
- To undo and come back to your country, all you need to do is either reboot or go in to the flight mode.
APK Direct Download – Source
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.
Something Wrong? If you notice an issue with the procedure (broken link, steps out of date, etc.), use this form to let us know! Otherwise, if you just are having trouble with the procedure, reach out to us on Twitter, Facebook, or Google+.