Samsung Galaxy Blaze 4G, the Android smartphone which was launched a few months back can now be rooted using the following method. After rooting your phone, you can install the famous custom recovery for Android smartphones, ClockworkMod Recovery in order to enjoy a number of great Android Custom ROMs on your phone.
I. Before You Begin:
- You should know that rooting your phone voids its warranty, however, you can regain it by either unrooting your phone or installing the stock ROM.
- This works for the Android 2.3.5 version only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
- Use this link to download the Odin tool.
- Download the Rooted Kernel from here.
- Download the required PIT file from here.
- ClockworkMod Recovery can be downloaded from here.
- USB Drivers for your phone, download 32bit drivers from here or 64bit from here
- You must have a PC running any Windows Operating System version.
III. Install Samsung Drivers:
- From the links given above, download the drivers that fit your OS and place it on your Desktop for easy access in the procedure.
- Execute the .exe file of the drivers by double-clicking it.
- When it is done installing the drivers for your phone, just restart your PC.
IV. Root Galaxy Blaze 4G
[ Putting your phone into the download mode ]
- In order to start the process of rooting, turn OFF your smartphone using the Power key.
- Put your phone into the download mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume UP+Volume DOWN+Power key simultaneously.
- Start the Odin tool on your PC by launching the .exe file. It will look like this
Odin Tool Main Interface
- Connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable, one of the boxes in the Odin program will turn into yellow when your phone is recognized by the PC.
- When it happens, you have to load the two files. Select the PDA tab and choose the Rooted Kernel (TAR) file.
- Select the PIT tab and choose the PIT file you downloaded from the above link.
- Check the box labeled as Auto Reboot and leave the rest as unchecked. Hit the Start button to commence rooting process.
Your phone will reboot when the rooting process is finished. Now, you can move to the ClockworkMod Recovery installation procedure.
V. Install ClockworkMod Recovery
- Turn OFF your smartphone using the Power key.
- Put your phone into the download mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume UP+Volume DOWN+Power key together.
- Run the Odin tool on your PC and connect the phone to it with the help of the USB cable.
- Choose the PDA option and select the ClockworkMod Recovery file for flashing.
- Click on the Start button to begin flashing the recovery. It will take some time for the process to finish.
- The phone will reboot when the process is done and now you can disconnect your phone from the PC.
Congrats! You now have rooted and installed ClockworkMod Recovery on your Blaze 4G.
If the procedure helped you in anyway, please thank/donate to the original developers over at XDA!