There are a lot of good reasons to put a password on your phone, but this is a feature you have to turn on by yourself. There are different types of passwords you can set up with Android depending on your style.
1. Go to settings.
2. Go to location and security settings.
3. Navigate to set up screen lock.
4. You will be presented with different options: pattern, pin and password. Pattern is a simple connect the dots, pin is a numeric passcode and password is exactly what it sounds like.
5. If you want to disable a password navigate back to this section and select “none.”
6. You can also choose a security lock timer if you want it to automatically password lock after a certain amount of time.
7. After you set the password it will pop up after unlocking your phone.
This is part of our Android Basics/Tips and Tricks series. Great for anyone new to Android, or anyone just looking to learn a few tips and tricks! For all our Android Basics, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.