How to Root LG Nitro HD

LG Nitro HD is an Android smartphone by LG which comes from the family of the first 4G LTE smartphone series. It was launched in South Korea in the year 2011 and then it became available in all the shops across the world. Being an Android phone, you can root it to gain access to system files so you can install the applications on this phone which require Super user access. The following guide will help you to root your LG Nitro HD smartphone.

I. Before You Begin:

1. Your phone’s warranty will be voided once it is rooted, you are rooting your phone keeping this in mind. However, you will be able to get back the warranty by applying either stock firmware or unrooting your phone.
  2. Charge your phone to have at least 60% of battery to ensure a smoother rooting process.
  3. You must have a PC running any Windows OS version.

II. Downloading Required Files:

1. Download the LG Nitro HD Rooting Package from here.

III. Rooting LG Nitro HD:

1. Unzip the files from the Rooting package you downloaded and place the files on your Desktop.
  2. On your phone, enable USB debugging . To do so, head to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging and tick-mark the box.
  3. Now, launch the SuperOneClick Rooting tool by double-clicking on SuperOneClick.exefile. See the following screenshot.

Double-Click SuperOneClick.exe file

4. Connect your LG Nitro HD to your PC using the USB cable.
  5. From the main interface of the SuperOneClick tool, click on the Root button to begin rooting your phone. You will have a screen similar to following.

Click the “Root” button

6. It will take some to finish the rooting process. Once it is done, you will see the success message in the SuperOneClick tool.

That’s all. You have successfully rooted your LG Nitro HD smartphone using the simple method described above. Let us know how it went for you in the comments.

18 responses to “How to Root LG Nitro HD”

1. bigkaoz says:

didnt work with my lg nitro hd i already tried all the universal methods what else can i try?

2. chamcham says:

the process is stuck at step 7, it says “wait for device” but doesnt do anything after. Anyone know how to fix it?

• Mahesh Makvana says:

Have you installed appropriate drivers installed on your PC? It’s stuck there probably because you don’t have proper drivers on your PC.

Just head over to your manufacturer’s website and download the drivers for your device.

3. bigkaoz says:

can someone pls sugest another method that works after i tried super,z4,u androot, & none of this works

4. Baseman says:

I am trying to use this on my LG Optimus 4G LTE (Canadian version of the P930). I have ICS installed version 4.0.4 software version P930_v20f, using Windows 7 64bit. I did as the instructions said and the program “Stops Responding” on step 5. Can someone please post an update?

• Mahesh Makvana says:

Hey Baseman,

Make sure that you’ve installed drivers for your device on your PC. Sometimes, due to lack of drivers, SuperOneClick stops responding and you may have to restart it after installing the drivers.

Hope it helps!

5. Ryo Wantanaby says:

Mahesh Makvana, I am having the EXACT same problem as Baseman and I, too, am becoming very frustrated. It keeps getting stuck on step 7 and saying “Waiting for device”. it will do this for hours. Please either post an even more detailed set of instructions, or provide an alternative method of rooting the LG Nitro HD (P930). A prompt reply would be much appreciated.

BTW, I am also running A.V. 4.0.4, but my software version is: LG-P930-V20c-JUN-25-2012, whereas Baseman’s, I believe, is LG-P930-V20f-JUN-25-2012.

6. Manuel Bernal says:

This process is only for 2.3 as it says on the top 2.3 super one click. I have tried it many times with the one click but nothing. If you updated to 4.0.4 with lg software you boot loader is locked. Must unlock boot loader first. No ways as of i know yet.