HTC One S is the HTC’s latest flagship Android smartphone that is going to be launched worldwide on April 25th. Comprising of a 1.5 GHz Dual-core processor, it gives you a great new experience of using Ice Cream Sandwich, the latest version of Android by far. T-Mobile will be the first career to have this smartphone and eventually it will become available on other careers. Since this phone runs on Android, you can root it to get more customizations as well as new apps that do require access to system files. Here’s a guide for you to root your HTC One S smartphone.
I. Before You Begin:
- You will void warranty of your HTC One S once you root it. You are going further keeping this in mind. However, you will be able to gain back the warranty if you apply the stock firmware or unroot your phone.
II. Downloading Required Files:
- Your HTC One S smartphone’s bootloader must be unlocked to use this root method. You can do so here.
- Download Superboot Image from here.
III. Rooting HTC One S:
- Extract the Superboot archive files onto your Desktop using WinRAR or any other similar tool.
- Turn OFF your HTC One S smartphone.
- Boot it up into bootloader mode. To do so, press and hold Volume DOWN button and then press the Power button.
- Press the Power button again to enter fastboot.
- When the phone is in bootloader mode, connect it to your PC using the USB cable that came with your phone.
- a) If you are using a Windows based PC, just double click the install-superboot-windows.bat file and it will commence the rooting process.
b) If you are running Mac OS on your PC, open a Terminal Window where you have extracted files, i.e., Desktop and then run the following commands:
chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh
c) If you are using a Linux based PC, open a Terminal Windows on the Desktop, because it is the place where you have extracted files, then type the following commands:
chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh
- When the rooting process is done, just disconnect your phone from your PC.
Congratulations, you have successfully rooted your HTC One S smartphone and now you have more possibilities of customizing your phone than before. To begin customizing your phone, install ClockworkMod Recovery on your HTC One S and then load custom ROMs into your phone.
Please say thanks to MoDaCo for providing us the Superboot Image Root Method.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!