How to Root HTC One V

HTC’s middle-range budget phone HTC One V is on the way to reach its customers who have been eagerly waiting for it. HTC One V has got a 1 GHz CPU that makes thing faster and feels you like you are having an expensive high end device in your hands. Well, not talking much about its specifications, phone runs on the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich version and you can root it using the following guide. Rooting allows you to expand the functionality of your phone and lets you do more things on your phone than before. Here you go.

I. Before You Begin:

1. Once you have rooted your phone, its warranty will be voided. You shouldn’t worry about this because you can get back the warranty by either unrooting your phone or installing the stock firmware.
  2. Make sure your phone have at least 50% of battery life left. It is to avoid any interruptions during the process.

II. Downloading Required Files:

1. You will need your HTC One V’s bootloader unlocked. You can do that here.
  2. Download the required Superboot Image from here.

III. Rooting HTC One V:

1. Unzip files from the Superboot archive file and put them on your Desktop for easy access.
  2. Turn OFF your HTC One V smartphone.
  3. Boot up your phone into the bootloader mode. To do that, press and hold Volume DOWN key and then press the Power key.
  4. When you have entered the bootloader mode, connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable.
  5. a) If you are using a Windows PC, run the install-superboot-windows.bat file by double-clicking on it.
    b) If you are running Mac OS, then open a Terminal Window at the place where you have put extracted files, it should be Desktop. Type the following commands in the Terminal:
    chmod +x

c) If you are having Linux as your OS, then open a Terminal where the extracted files exist and type in the following commands:
    chmod +x
  6. It will take a few seconds to root your phone. When it’s done, disconnect your phone from the PC.

That’s all. You are now running a rooted HTC One V smartphone that has the ability to run the special apps developed for the rooted phones. You can say thanks to MoDaCo for this root method.

27 responses to “How to Root HTC One V”

1. mangup says:

How to backup stock firmware before root phone ?

2. Htc one user says:

ummm…. thanks… now my phone is stuck on the bootloader , for the last 20 min….. any suggestions ?

• Try doing the procedure again from the very first step.

• Chefslayer says:

Give me your email address i can send you files for unlocking your htc

• Richard Sanderson says:

hi i’m kind of new to the rooting process as this would be my first go round and don’t want to mess it up i’m a big perfectionist is it possible to get you to email me the files to root my HTC One V? i’ve been reading alot of the posts and it seems a few ppl are lacking some info on how to do this properly and i dont want to be one of those few ppl.

3. dudeperfect says:

wont connect to computer, getting dumdumdum sound

• Have you installed the drivers for your device on your PC?

In most cases, lack of drivers cause this kind of problem. So, please check whether you’ve correct drivers installed on your PC.

4. NNM says:

I too own a HTC ONE V.
    Can you tell me the benifits that I will get after unlocking the bootloader?
    Please mail me if possible.

• Mahesh Makvana says:

After unlocking the bootloader, you’ll be able to root your device that gives you so many advantages, such as, installing root-only apps and loading custom ROMs.

All these things are possible when you’ve your bootloader unlocked.

Thanks NNM !

5. NewNew says:

My HTC One V version is 4.0.3. Do i need to downgrade the phone or i can just start straight away? And what about a Recovery? Is there a need?

6. Kristóf Dér says:

‘You shouldn’t worry about this because you can get back the warranty by either unrooting your phone or installing the stock firmware.’

How do I do that?

Thx for reply!

7. Robert NEw says:

How long does this process take. I have followed the instructions but once I select superboot it goes to a screen that say HTC with red writing and just stays on the screen. Please help

• Matthew says:

Honestly I’d like to know the answer to this as well. CMD says “finished. total time: 0.156s” does that mean it’s done?

8. bazancik says:

all went smooth, unlocked and installed the superboot – the phone rebooted, got a message when booting up – but still not rooted (tried to uninstall some apps but getting a message that cannot access root privileges). Any idea what and where went wrong? tried a couple of times with superboot install – the same story.

Using HTC One V and Mac

9. Dustin Enfinger says:

i cant run it through terminal it says no such file

10. Sagar says:

Thanks buddy!
    I was stuck with other methods on various crap websites!

11. saheb singh says:

hey its not working..
    whenever i connect it htc one v to pc in boot-loader mode it pops up that usb not recognized.
    what should i do

12. Randy says:

I’m looking to root my HTC One V phone from Virgin Mobile. When I go to HTCDev page and click to the page that asks for my device I do not see it. What am I supposed to click for my bootloader?

13. wmbm says:

About an hour after booting, all seemed swell, then the screen went black and it over heats to the point of burning my hand. Unplugged the battery. Think I set off self destruct. Any ideas?

14. Dhaval Parmar says:

I have unlock the boot loader now what to do?
    Its complicated…