We have already showed you how you can root your Galaxy Y Duos smart phone. Here, we will be showing you how you can install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Galaxy Y Duos smart phone. ClockworkMod Recovery allows you to take backup of your current ROM, restore backups, wipe data, load custom ROMs and so on.
1. You must have a rooted Galaxy Y Duos smart phone. Learn how to root it from here.
2. The phone should have at least 60% of battery to ensure a smoother process.
1. When the download of CWM recovery finishes, just put the file on the Desktop of your PC. Do NOT extract the files from the archive.
2. Connect your phone to your PC with the help of the USB cable.
3. Transfer the ClockworkMod Recovery ZIP file to your phone’s SD card storage root (topmost) folder.
4. After the file transfer completes, disconnect your phone from the PC.
5. Turn OFF your smart phone using the Power key.
6. Boot your phone into the recovery mode. You can do it by pressing and holding Home+Volume UP+Power key simultaneously. Touchscreen won’t work in recovery mode, therefore use the Home and Volume keys to navigate.
7. From the main menu of recovery mode, choose update from sdcard option and then select the ZIP file you transferred earlier to the phone.
Congrats! You’ve successfully installed the ClockworkMod custom recovery on your Galaxy Y Duos smart phone. Using this recovery, you can now install custom ROMs on your smart phone. If this helped you at all, please thank/donate to the developers for this recovery image over at XDA!
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.