There are times when you’ll need to rush your Android device for a problem to the service center and if you are rooted or running a custom ROM, the service center may not like what you have done with your device and void your warranty. This post shows you how to unroot and go back to stock for just those situations. Read on to know how.
Since you will be flashing a stock ROM, this will erase all the data on your device. So make sure a make backup of your apps, documents and any other data if you feel is important (both on the phone and the SD card).
1. Power down your device.
2. Put the device into Download Mode. To do this, press Volume Down + Power simultaneously when the device is powered off until you see the Samsung logo. Once you see the logo, let go of the Power button and only hold down the Volume Down button until you get the screen where you can choose either Download Mode or Recovery Mode. Use the Volume Down button to highlight the green Android logo and select it by pressing the Volume Up button. Press Volume Up again to bypass the Warning screen.
3. Extract sgt10.1_root_unroot.zip you downloaded above to a folder on your desktop.
4. In the extracted folder, you should find a zip file called ODIN3_v1.85.zip; extract from this zip to the same folder and double-click Odin3_v1.85.exe to run the Odin application.
5. Click on PDA button, locate P7510XABKMP_P7510UEKMP_HOME.tar from the folder you extracted above and select it to load it on to Odin.
6. Make sure that the Re-Partition tickbox is unchecked! This is very important if you don’t want to brick your device!
7. Connect your device. ID:COM should now light up yellow signifying that Odin has recognized the device.
8. Make sure that your Odin looks like in the picture below (click on it to enlarge) and then click on Start.
9. Your device should reboot after the process is complete.
You should now be holding a WiFi-only Galaxy Tab 10.1 that is completely stock and service center friendly!!
All credit goes to s0ckm0nk3y on AC Syndicate for the stock ROM!! Be sure to thank him on his thread or donate if you liked his work!!
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.