Though Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone hasn’t been launched worldwide, a root method for this phone has become available. If you are eager to know how you can root Galaxy S3 smartphone from OUTSIDE THE US, then here’s a guide for you.
1. The warranty of the phone will be voided once you root it. However, you can get it back by either applying stock firmware or unrooting your phone.
2. !!!THIS IS FOR GALAXY S III’s THAT ARE NOT US VERSIONS! PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS ON YOUR T-MOBILE, AT&T, VERIZON, OR SPRINT VERSION OF THE GALAXY S III. THE US VERSION ROOT WILL BE LISTED LATER HERE. *If you already tried it, here is how to fix your US branded Galaxy S III.
1. Download the complete Rooting Package from here.
2. Download the Odin tool from here.
1. Place the Rooting Package and the Odin Tool archives onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Odin Tool and Rooting Package archives and place them on your Desktop.
3. Launch the Odin by double-clicking on Odin3 v1.85.exe file.
4. Turn OFF your Galaxy S3 smartphone.
5. Boot your phone into the download mode. You can do so by pressing and holding Volume DOWN+Home+Power keys simultaneously.
6. When the phone is in download mode, connect it to your PC using the USB cable.
7. Now, from the Odin tool, click on PDA button and select the CF-Insecure-SGS3_XX_NEE_ALE8-v1.2.tar file which you extracted from the rooting package archive.
8. Click the Start button and it will begin the process to root your phone.
9. Once the rooting is done, head over to the Google Play and download the Superuser app.
Your phone should now be rooted and you now have access to the system files of the phone.
If this procedure helped you rooting your phone, then please head over to the XDA Forum to thank/donate to the original developer of this root method !