Back in August 2011, Lenovo announced its series of ThinkPad tablets which came with Android 3.1 Honeycomb OS. If you have purchased one of these tablets and want to root it, then here’s a guide for you to do so.
1. You must have ADB installed on your PC. If you haven’t done so yet, then do it from here.
2. You will void your ThinkPad’s warranty if you root it. However, you can get back the warranty by either applying stock firmware or unrooting your ThinkPad.
3. Make sure your ThinkPad is charged at least 50% to go through the process without any problems.
1. Download the Single Click Root Package from here.
1. Place the Single Click Root Package file on the Desktop of your PC.
2. Extract files from the package to your Desktop using any file extraction software, like WinRAR.
3. Enable USB debugging on your ThinkPad by going to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging, check-mark the box.
4. Connect your ThinkPad to your PC using the USB cable that came with it.
5. Now, from the files you extracted, double-click the run.bat file.
6. Follow the instructions displayed on your screen.
Your ThinkPad is now rooted and it’s time to cheer up as you can now enjoy the apps on this tablet which are specifically designed for rooted devices.
If this procedure helped you in rooting your ThinkPad, then please head over to the VulnFactory website to thank/donate to the original developer of this root method !
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!