Sometimes, the Media Scanner on your Android Phone keeps running for more than the expected time. It doesn’t stop even when it has finished scanning the media and while it is running on your phone, you cannot access apps like Music Player. A lot of users are facing this problem and if you are one of them, then here’s a solution for you.
1. You must have a rooted Android smartphone. Browse through our articles to find the rooting procedure for your phone.
1. Download the Startup Manager app from here. (Google Play Link)
1. Download the app using the link given above and install it on your phone.
2. Open Menu and launch the app by tapping its icon.
[ Main Interface ]
3. From the main screen of the app, choose System tab.
[ System tab ]
4. Tap on Media Storage from the list of apps that appear on your screen.
5. You will be presented with some options, choose Disable among them.
[ Choose Disable ]
6. A success message will be shown on your screen, tap the OK button to close it.
[ Tap on OK button ]
7. Exit the app on your phone.
8. Reboot your phone.
You have successfully solved the Media Scanner problem. From now on, whenever your phone reboots, the Media Scanner will not run, hence you won’t face any problem.
If this procedure helped you, then please head over to the XDA forum to thank/donate to the original inventor of this solution !
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.