It looks like Samsung has stopped further development for Galaxy 5 smartphone, though the developers over at XDA still trying to bring fresh tweaks for this phone. In order to use some of the tweaks, you need a rooted phone. Here’s a simple guide for you on how you can root your Galaxy 5 smartphone.
1. You will void your phone’s warranty if you root it. However, there are two ways to get back the warranty. i) Either you can apply stock firmware OR ii) by Unrooting your phone.
2. Charge your phone to at least 60%, so you can go through the process without any problem.
1. Download the Androot App from here.
1. Download and place the Androot App on the Desktop of your PC.
2. Connect your phone to your PC with the help of the USB cable.
3. Copy the Androot App to your phone’s SD card storage.
4. After the file is successfully copied to your phone, disconnect it from the PC.
5. Go to My Files on your phone and tap the Androot App to install it.
6. Once you have installed the app on your phone, launch it from the Menu of your phone.
7. From the app interface, choose the Root option. It will begin rooting your phone.
8. After the rooting is done, reboot your phone.
Congratulations ! You have successfully rooted your Galaxy 5 smartphone. You will see the Superuser app installed on it when it boots up.
You can head to our how to install ClockworkMod Recovery on Galaxy 5 procedure to learn how you can install a custom recovery on your phone.
If this procedure helped you, then please head over to the XDA forum to thank/donate to the original developer of this rooting tool !
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.