If you are one of those users who wish to root their HTC Explorer to get access to a whole new world of Root Apps and custom ROMs, then here’s something useful for you. Following is the guide explaining how you can root your HTC Explorer phone as well as how you can flash a custom recovery on it. Follow each step carefully and you will be on the way to get a richer experience on your phone.
1. You must have unlocked bootloader of your phone. You can do so by visiting the HTC website.
2. You must have HTC Sync installed on your PC. You can get it from here.
3. Make sure your phone has at least 60% of battery life left so it can last through the entire process.
1. Download the Recovery Image from here.
2. Download the Superuser ZIP file from here.
1. Download and place all the files listed above onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Recovery Image archive to your Desktop.
3. Turn OFF your smartphone.
4. Reboot your phone into the bootloader mode by pressing and holding Volume DOWN+Power buttons simultaneously.
5. Choose fastboot option from the bootloader menu.
6. Connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable.
7. Double-click the recovery.bat file to commence the flashing process.
8. When the custom recovery has successfully been installed on your phone, disconnect it from the PC.
9. Reboot your phone.
The custom recovery has now successfully been flashed on your phone. Now, head on to the following procedure to root your phone.
1. Connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable.
2. Copy the Superuser ZIP archive to your phone’s SD card storage root folder. It is the topmost folder.
3. Disconnect your phone from the PC after the file transfer has been completed.
4. Reboot your phone into the bootloader mode. Press and hold Volume DOWN+Power buttons together and you will enter bootloader mode.
5. Choose Recovery option from the bootloader mode.
6. From the recovery menu, choose install .zip from sd and then select the Superuser ZIP file.
7. After it has finished installing the file, reboot your phone.
Congratulations ! You have done installing custom recovery on your phone and rooting it. From now on, you can enjoy the root-only apps on your HTC Explorer.
If this procedure helped you, then please head to the official thread over at XDA Forum to thank/donate to the original developer of this root and recovery method !