The Amazon Kindle Fire is too good and too affordable to not root and flash a shiny new custom ROM on it. So why wait? Read on to know how to root this tablet and install a custom recovery, enabling you to flash any custom ROM that you like.
1. This procedure will help you root your device, which obviously will void your warranty. So decide if you really want to walk this path before you begin.
2. Make sure that the necessary drivers are installed before you begin. If you are unsure about this, download and install them from the links provided in the next section.
1. Download and extract the Kindle_Fire_Utility_v0.9.6.zip to a folder on your desktop.
2. If you haven’t installed the necessary drivers already, run install_drivers.bat from the extracted folder to install them now.
3. Connect your Kindle Fire to your PC.
4. Double-click on run.bat to run the Kindle Fire Utility.
5. Type in 2 and hit the Enter key to begin the rooting process and follow the on-screen instructions.
Your device should be rooted at the end of the procedure!
1. Make sure that you are rooted before proceeding.
2. Connect the device to your PC and double-click run.bat from the folder you extracted above.
3. Type in 3 and hit the Enter key to begin the flashing process and follow the on-screen instructions.
All credit goes to Vashypooh for tidying up things into a nice little package!! If you like his work, make sure you drop a thank you or even a donation if you wish on his XDA thread here!!