There have always been Pros and Cons of rooting a smartphone. Like, rooting allows you to install root-only apps as well as flash custom ROMs while it voids the warranty of your device at the same time. In order to regain the warranty, you need to unroot your smartphone. The following guide covers how you can unroot your Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone.
1. You should have rooted your device using the guide given here.
2. Make sure your phone has at least 60% of battery life left as the unrooting procedure will take some good time to complete.
1. Download the Sprint Galaxy S3 Stock ROM from here.
2. Download the Odin Tool from here. (Download link’s there in the first post)
1. Download and place both the files on the Desktop of your PC.
2. Extract files from Odin as well as Stock ROM ZIP archives to your Desktop.
3. Double-click the Odin Executable file to launch the Tool.
4. Turn OFF your Galaxy S3 using the Power button.
5. Reboot your phone into the download mode. To do so, press and hold Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
6. Press the Volume UP key to enter the download mode.
7. Connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable.
8. In the Odin Tool, click on the PDA tab and navigate to the .tar file you extracted from the ROM file and select it.
9. Make sure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes are checked in the Odin.
10. Hit the Start button to begin unrooting your smartphone. It will take about 15 minutes to unroot your phone.
11. As soon as your phone reboots, disconnect it from your PC.
Well done, you have successfully unrooted your Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone. You now have the lost warranty back on your phone.
Thanks to QBKing77 for the video tutorial.
If this procedure helped you, then please head to the official thread over at XDA Forum to thank/donate to the original developer of this unroot method !
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!