If you are looking to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad, or iPod, then here is where you should start. Firstly, I’d suggest brushing up on some of the terminology here in our glossary and then also going here to learn a bit more about jailbreaking. After you’ve checked those out, then you can come back here and we can get you started.
1. Firstly, check your device’s firmware version. You can do this by going to Settings > General > About and scrolling down to look for firmware (generally listed in a X.X.X format, i.e. 5.1.1).
2. Next, head to our iOS How To’s section, and find your specific iOS device. After that, you’ll be presented with all the different procedures for that device. Look for the How To Jailbreak procedure for the firmware you have (that you looked up in step 1 above) and begin with that.
3. If after that, you still can’t find manage to jailbreak your device, please contact us and ask us to add the jailbreaking procedure for your device and firmware and we’ll get to work on it ASAP.
4. After you’ve done that procedure, you should be jailbroken and have a new icon on your device labelled Cydia. This is the jailbroken app store filled with tweaks and themes that you can now use on your jailbroken iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. To learn more things you can do with your device, head to the iOS tips and tricks section and find out all the fun and exciting things you can now do.
5. Optionally, you can usually unlock your iPhone to use it on another carrier after you’ve jailbroken it. Simply head back to our iOS How To’s section, look for your device, and look for the How To Unlock procedure for your firmware (that you looked up in step 1 above).
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!