Root access alone doesn’t allow you to flash custom ROMs on your device, you need a custom recovery to do that. While we already have a root procedure for the Acer Iconia A100 tablet, today we are going to show you how you can install the famous ClockworkMod Recovery on your Iconia A100 tablet so as to allow you to enjoy the custom ROMs for better performance and features. Here you go:
1. You must have unlocked bootloader of your device. You can do so from here.
2. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the Acer Iconia A100 procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
1. ClockworkMod Recovery Image (Download link is given in the first post)
1. Download both, Recovery Image and Fastboot, to the Desktop of your PC.
2. Extract files from the Fastboot package to the Desktop. You’ll have several files after extraction.
3. Connect your tablet to your PC using the USB cable. Make sure that it is turned ON.
4. Open a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop by holding the Shift key on your keyboard and right-clicking on any empty area on your screen, choose Open command window here.
5. In the window that appears, type the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
6. Your tablet should reboot into the bootloader mode.
7. When your tablet has booted up into the bootloader mode, issue the following command using the same Command Prompt Window you opened in the Step-4.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
8. It should flash the custom Recovery on your tablet, you will be able to see the process that is going on.
9. After it has finished flashing the recovery, issue the following command to reboot your device.
Great job! The CWM Recovery was successfully installed on your tablet and you can now go ahead and try out some custom ROMs.
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Acer Iconia A100 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.