We saw an LTE powered smartphone by Pantech, called Burst, at this year’s CES. However, there doesn’t seem to be much buzz about the smartphone. The smartphone comprises of a 1.5GHz processor, 16GB Storage and 1GB of RAM. These specs make the phone a high-end smartphone and if you bought this smartphone and interested in rooting it, here we have a guide for that. The following guide explains how you can root your Pantech Burst smartphone, here you go.
1. You must have ADB installed on your PC. You can see our guide on how to install ADB.
2. Rooting your phone will void its warranty. However, you can unroot your phone or install the stock firmware to regain the warranty.
1. Root Boot Image (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Download and place the Root Boot Image file in the ADB folder. It is the folder where you installed the ADB.
2. Connect your smartphone to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Open a Command Prompt Window in the ADB folder. To do so, right-click on any empty area on the screen while holding the Shift key on your keyboard, then choose Open command window here option.
4. Run the following command using the Command Prompt Window:
adb reboot bootloader
5. Your smartphone should reboot into the bootloader mode.
6. Now, run the following command using the same Command Prompt Window:
fastboot boot prestoroot.img
7. Wait for the Fastboot to root your smartphone.
8. Reboot your smartphone when it is rooted.
9. Head to the Play Store and download the Superuser app on your smartphone.
Congrats ! You now have full root access on your smartphone and just like the Superuser app, you can download any root-only app from the Play Store and install it on your smartphone.
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Pantech Burst to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!