Wanted to infuse some new life into your Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini? Always wanted to try those custom ROMs everybody seem to be talking about? If you answered yes to both of these questions, then you are ready to take the first step – rooting the Xperia X10 Mini. Read on to know how.
1. This procedure only works for devices running the 2.1.1.A.0.6 firmware. Do not go any further if this is not the build number you are currently running.
2. Make sure that your device is at least 75% charged before you begin with this procedure.
3. Ensure that you have a backup of everything you feel is important before you begin.
SuperOneClick.rar [Link available in the first post of this thread]
1. Extract SuperOneClick.rar to a folder on your desktop.
2. Enable USB Debugging on your device. To do this, go to Menu > Settings > Applications > Developer Options and tick the USB Debugging checkbox.
3. Connect your device to your PC and if there are any drivers being installed at this point, let Windows 7 do so.
4. From the folder you extracted above, run SuperOneClick.exe.
5. Click on Root.
Your Xperia X10 Mini should be rooted once the application confirms that your device is rooted!
1. Follow the same steps as in Section IV until Step 4.
2. Click on Unroot.
If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the next procedure to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.