The X10 mini pro has been around for a long time now but with a bustling developer community, the device has managed to stay fresh and even has ICS custom ROMs now. This guide below will show you how to get there by taking the first step – root the Xperia X10 mini pro. Read on then if you want to do this.
1. This procedure will work on Xperia X10 mini pro running v2.1.1.A.0.6. If you have a device running some other version, leave a comment in the Comments section below and we’ll tell you if this works on that version or another procedure that could work for your firmware.
2. This procedure is designed to work on the Windows (preferably Windows 7) operating system.
3. Back up everything you feel is important before you start with the procedure.
1. SuperOneClick.rar [File attached to the first post of this thread]
1. Extract SuperOneClick.rar to a folder on your desktop.
2. Enable USB Debugging on your device. To do this, go to Menu > Settings > Applications > Developer Options and tick the USB Debugging checkbox.
3. Connect your device to your PC and if there are any drivers being installed at this point, let Windows 7 do so.
4. From the folder, you extracted above, run SuperOneClick.exe.
5. Click on Root.
Your Xperia X10 Mini Pro should be rooted once the application confirms that your device is rooted!
1. Follow the same steps as in Section IV until Step 4.
2. Click on Unroot.
If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the next procedure to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.