If you have been seeing your friends enjoying custom ROMs on their Dell Streak 5 and you want to get the same experience with your device, then don’t be disappointed as the following guide shows how you can install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Dell Streak 5 to get the custom ROMs up and running on your device. Here you go:
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Make sure that your device is charged to have at least 60% of battery life left.
2. ClockworkMod Recovery Image (Download the latest version available)
1. Download and place both the files on the Desktop of your PC.
2. Extract files from the Fastboot ZIP archive to your Desktop.
3. Turn OFF your Dell Streak 5.
4. While your device is turned OFF, press and hold Camera+Power keys together and you should see an option to boot up into the Fastboot mode. Choose it.
5. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
6. Open a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. To do so, right-click on any empty area on the screen while holding the Shift key on your keyboard, then choose the option Open command window here.
7. Type in the following command into the Command Prompt Window. Make sure to replace the recovery.img with the actual recovery image name.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
8. After the recovery is successfully flashed on your device, enter the following command:
9. It should reboot your device.
Wooh ! You have successfully flashed the ClockworkMod Recovery on your device with the help of Fastboot. The custom ROMs you have been seeing can now be installed on your device using the CWM recovery.
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Dell Streak 5 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.