Dell Streak 7 was announced in the year 2011 and ever since then, it has gone through various versions of Android. With every version of Android on your device, you need root access to fully customize it and to make your rooting job easier, here we have a guide on how you can root your Dell Streak 7 with simple steps.
1. You must have ADB drivers installed on your PC. You can see our guide on how to install ADB.
2. The warranty of your device will be voided once you root it. Therefore, do it at your own risk.
1. SuperOneClick (It’s attached there in the first post)
1. Download and place the SuperOneClick archive on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to the Desktop.
3. Enable USB debugging on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging, check-mark the box.
4. Connect your device to the PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click the SuperOneClick.exe file to launch it.
6. Click on the Root button in the SuperOneClick Tool and the rooting process will begin.
7. The tool will install Superuser and Busybox apps, therefore you don’t have to download them separately from the Play Store.
8. After your device is rooted, you can disconnect it from the PC.
Congrats ! You have successfully rooted your Dell Streak 7 with One-Click Rooting tool. The root-only apps will now run on your device without any problems !
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Dell Streak 7 to learn how to do that.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!