The Samsung Vibrant was a Galaxy S variant that kickstarted the whole Galaxy line, which is very well the biggest cash cow for Samsung currently. It has been more than two years now since this device debuted on T-Mobile but we are guessing there are some who haven’t succumbed to the charms of the Galaxy S2 or the more recent S3, and are still holding on this device. This post will help them begin rejuvenating their aging device and infuse some new life via custom ROMs. Read on then to know how to root the Samsung Vibrant, which is the obvious first step to take if you plan on flashing custom ROMs.
1. Back up anything you feel is important.
2. Make sure that you have at least 75% of your device charged before you begin.
SuperOneClickv1.9.5-ShortFuse.zip [File attached to the first post of this thread]
1. Extract SuperOneClickv1.9.5-ShortFuse.zip to a folder on your desktop.
2. Enable USB Debugging on your device. To do this, go to Menu > Settings > Applications > Developer Options and tick the USB Debugging checkbox.
3. Connect your device to your PC and if there are any drivers being installed at this point, let Windows 7 do so.
4. From the folder you extracted above, run SuperOneClick.exe.
5. Click on Root.
Your Samsung Vibrant should be rooted once the application confirms it!
1. Follow the same steps as in Section IV until Step 4.
2. Click on Unroot.
If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the next procedure to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.