With just a rooted phone and no custom recovery on it, you can’t really enjoy what root access has to offer you. Once you’ve gotten a custom recovery on your device, ClockworkMod Recovery, for example, you can install custom ROMs in a breeze as well as there’re a lot more things you can do with it. Does it really attract you? If so, let’s see how you can install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Huawei Ideos X5 U8800 smartphone.
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the Huawei Ideos X5 U8800 procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. This will install the Touch version of CWM Recovery on your device.
1. ClockworkMod Recovery Image (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Download and place the Recovery Image archive onto your Desktop.
2. Turn OFF your smartphone.
3. While your device is turned OFF, press and hold the Volume UP+Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
4. Release the buttons when a Pink or Purple screen appears.
5. Connect the device to your PC using the USB cable. It should be mounted as a drive on your PC.
6. Open up the Drive of your device and find the folder called image. The folder will have a file named recovery.img.
7. Now, extract the recovery.img file from the Recovery Image archive you downloaded earlier to this image folder.
8. Disconnect the device from your PC after the file has been copied (extracted).
9. Remove the battery from your device, it should turn OFF your device.
10. Put the battery back into your device and boot it up normally.
Great! You’ve successfully flashed the Touch Version of CWM Recovery on your device. To enter the recovery mode, simply press and hold the Volume UP+Power buttons together and you will be in the Recovery mode.
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Huawei Ideos X5 U8800 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.