Most smartphone users usually think that 4G smartphones come at a very high price and they can’t afford them, well, that’s not the truth. With the entry of the LG Motion 4G in the market, you can now have a 4G LTE enabled smartphone in under $150. The smartphone consists of a Dual-Core processor and runs on the Android Ice Cream Sandwich. If you really want to enjoy the features of the smartphone, you should consider rooting it. It will allow you to install more apps, developed for rooted smartphones only. So, here’s a guide on how you can root the LG Motion 4G.
1. You will void the warranty of your device if you root it. Do it at your own risk.
2. Make sure your device has enough battery life so it can last throughout the process.
1. LG Drivers (Download link’s given in the first post)
2. o4xr (Download link’s given in the first post, in the second step)
3. SystesmBackupTest.apk (Download link is given in the first post)
1. Download and place all the files on your Desktop.
2. Install the LG Drivers you downloaded on your PC.
3. Extract files from the o4xr archive to your Desktop.
4. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Copy the APK file you downloaded over to the root folder of your phone’s SD card.
6. Disconnect the device after you have copied the file.
7. On your device, go to Menu>>Settings>>Security and enable Unknown sources.
8. Open My files on your device and tap on the APK file you copied earlier. It should install the app, finish it and then go to the next step.
9. Enable USB debugging on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
10. Launch the app you installed at the Step-8 from the App Drawer.
11. When the app launches, just press the Power button on your device for 3 seconds and choose Power OFF & Restart.
12. Connect the device to your PC when it restarts. Make sure to choose the Charge only mode if asked.
13. Open a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop by pressing and holding the Shift button on your keyboard and right-clicking on any empty area on the screen, then choose Open command window here.
14. Enter following command into the Command Prompt Window:
15. It should root your device. Your device should reboot as soon as the rooting is done.
16. When your device reboots, uninstall the SystemBackupTest app you installed.
17. Your device should be rooted now!
You now have a rooted LG Motion 4G smartphone. As the developer suggests, do NOT use ROM Manager or any other app to flash recoveries or custom ROMs as it may hard-brick your device and it’ll become a useless thing!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.