While there hasn’t been any separate rooting method available for the LG GW620 EVE smartphone, you can use universal root methods to gain root access on the device. Sometimes, you get messed up with the device doing all these things and if you’re not much technical, you probably won’t be able to solve the problem. So, for you, here’s how you can unroot your LG GW620 EVE smartphone and take it back to the stock ROM. It should erase all the data on your device, including apps and games, and remove the root access as well.
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. You must have the Drivers for your device installed on your PC.
1. Stock ROM (Download link is given in the post, it’s .kdz file)
2. LG Utils
1. Download and place both the files on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the LG Utils archive to your Desktop.
3. Double-click the file named KP500-Utils-EN.exe on your Desktop. It’s the file you extracted from the LG Utils archive.
4. When it opens, you’ll be asked to enter the choice. Enter “I” (without quotes).
5. Type the path where you have saved the Stock ROM (.kdz) file. It should be there on your Desktop.
6. Once you’ve entered the path, it should create a new file on your Desktop with .cab extension.
7. If your device is turned OFF, turn it ON.
8. Connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
9. Open the KP500-Utils-EN.exe file once again by double-clicking on it.
10. This time, when it asks you to enter the choice, input “J” (without quotes).
11. You should be asked to enter the phone model, input GW620.
12. Next, you need to specify where the .cab file, you created earlier, is located. Enter full path to the file.
13. If it asks you to enter the software version, just provide the software version number.
14. You’re done with all the things, leave rest of the work to the Tool.
15. Your device should reboot after the process is finished.
16. Once your device has booted up, open Dialler and dial the following number:
17. You will enter the hidden menu from where you’ve to choose Factory Reset followed by Factory Reset.
18. You’re all done!
Awesome! You’ve successfully taken your device back to stock ROM and the root access has also been removed.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.