Unrooting smartphones usually involve flashing stock ROM, but that’s not the case if you’re using the LG Optimus Slider smartphone. To unroot this device, you just need to run an app and tap the appropriate button and your device should be unrooted. It’s as simple as playing a game on your smartphone, unrooting the device is easier than that, though. Here’s how you can unroot your LG Optimus Slider smartphone.
1. You should have rooted your smartphone using the procedure given here.
2. The unrooting process could take some good time, so your device should have good battery level.
3. This won’t remove the custom recovery, if you’ve installed any.
4. You must be on stock ROM and have stock recovery installed on your device.
1. GingerBreak (It’s attached there in the first post, download the latest version available)
1. Download and place the GingerBreak APK file on your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
3. Copy the GingerBreak APK file over to the root folder of your SD card.
4. Unplug the device after the file has been copied.
5. Enable USB debugging on your device from Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
6. Enable the Unknown sources from Menu>>Settings>>Security>>Unknown sources.
7. Install the GingerBreak App you copied earlier to your device.
8. After the app is installed on your device, launch it from the Menu.
9. When the app has loaded, tap on the UnRoot device button. It should unroot your device.
10. Your device should reboot and you’re done!
Awesome! Your smartphone’s successfully been unrooted using the GingerBreak app. Since you no longer have root access, you can’t install root-only apps!
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!