How to Unroot the LG Optimus T
Going to return your phone to T-Mobile for any warranty kind of purpose? Make sure to unroot the device first and only then visit the T-Mobile employees. Unrooting should help you reclaim the warranty of your device and here’s how you can unroot, in other words, remove SU binaries from your LG Optimus T smartphone. Here you go:
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device using the method provided in this guide. If you used any other method to root the device, the following procedure won’t work for you.
2. Charge your device to have at least 60% of battery life left.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. z4Root (It is attached in the first post of the thread)
III. Unrooting the LG Optimus T:
1. Download the z4Root App to the Desktop of your PC.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the z4Root file over to the root folder of your SD card. It is the topmost folder you see when you open My files.
4. Disconnect the device after the file is copied.
5. Open My files on your device and install the z4Root App you just copied.
6. Launch the app on your device from the Menu.
7. Choose Unroot option in the app and your device should be unrooted in a moment.
8. Your device should be now unrooted!
You’re now safe to take your phone to the T-Mobile store, they won’t be able to know that you’d rooted your phone once!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.