While there’s a one-click root method available for the Samsung Fascinate, some users weren’t successful in rooting their phones with that method. Fortunately, there’re another method available to root the device which uses the Odin Tool and lets you have access to root on your device. To root your Samsung Fascinate with the Odin Method, follow the guide below.
1. You must be running on Android Froyo or Gingerbread version.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
1. Samsung Drivers (Download link’s given in the first post, under Downloads section)
2. Odin Tool (Download link’s given in the first post)
3. ClockworkMod Recovery (Download link’s available in the first post)
4. Superuser (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Download and place all the files on your Desktop.
2. Double-click on the Samsung Drivers executable file and the installation wizard should launch.
3. Follow the instructions displayed on your screen.
4. Restart your PC.
1. Double-click on the Odin Tool executable file you have on your Desktop.
2. Turn OFF your smartphone using the Power button.
3. Reboot your device into the Download mode. To do so, while it’s turned OFF, press and hold the Volume DOWN key and connect it to your PC using the USB cable.
4. Your device should now be in Download mode and the Odin should recognize it.
5. Now in the Odin Tool, click on the PDA tab and choose ClockworkMod Recovery file you downloaded earlier.
6. Hit the Start button in the Odin and the process should begin.
7. As soon as the process is done, you’ll get a confirmation message on your screen.
8. Reboot your device.
1. While your device is turned ON in normal mode, connect it to your PC using the USB cable.
2. Copy the Superuser file from your Desktop over to the root folder of your SD card.
3. Disconnect the device after the file has been copied.
4. Turn OFF your device.
5. Reboot your device into the ClockworkMod Recovery. To do that, press and hold the Volume UP+Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
Note: To navigate in Recovery mode, use both the Volume buttons. Use the Power button to make a selection.
6. From the Recovery Menu, choose install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
7. Locate the Superuser file you copied earlier and select it for flashing using the Power button.
8. It should take a few seconds to flash the file.
9. After the file has been flashed on your device, choose reboot system now from the Recovery Menu.
10. Your device should reboot and you’re all done!
Awesome! Your Samsung Fascinate has successfully been rooted and equipped with a custom recovery. With all these weapons, you you can go ahead and enter the world of custom ROMS!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Samsung Fascinate to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
For more of our modding, hacking, and advanced tinkering tutorials, head to our Rooting and Jailbreaking section.
For more of our tips and tricks, head to our How To section.