To fully enjoy the root access on your device, you should install ClockworkMod Recovery on it which allows you to flash custom ROMs and tweaks. The LG Optimus Black users are in luck because a simple one-click Recovery installation method is available and that makes the whole procedure a fun! Let’s see how you can install ClockworkMod Recovery on your LG Optimus Black.
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Check out our guide on how to root the LG Optimus Black.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
1. CWM Flasher (Download link’s given there in the second step)
1. Download the CWM Flasher Tool to your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the Tool archive to your Desktop. You will get a folder and about two files.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device. To do that, head to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging and check-mark the box.
4. Connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Next, double-click the file named flash.cmd on your Desktop. You’ve extracted this file from the Tool archive.
6. It should start flashing CWM Recovery on the device.
7. When the recovery is flashed on your device, double-click on the reboot-recovery.cmd file.
8. Your device should reboot in the Recovery Mode. It confirms that the Recovery has successfully been flashed on your device.
Awesome! With the one-click method, the CWM Recovery was successfully installed on your device in no time. Now, head to the custom ROMs repository to find out the best custom ROMs for your device!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the LG Optimus Black to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.