How to Root the LG GT540 Optimus
Enabling Root access on the LG GT540 doesn’t seem to be a complicated process, you just have to dial a specific number and enable the root access from there. It is as simple as activating callertune from your network operator. To make it more easy, here’s a step-by-step guide that will teach you how to root the LG GT540 Optimus smartphone. Here you go:
I. Before You Begin:
1. The warranty of the device will be voided once you root it.
II. Rooting the LG GT540 Optimus:
1. Open the Dialler on your device and dial the following number:
2. You will have a few options on your screen. Choose the option labeled Module Test.
3. Now, select the Stability Test followed by Enable Root Permission.
4. It should ask you to enter the password. Input the following:
5. The root access will then be enabled on your device.
6. Reboot your device.
7. When it boots up, head to Google Play and install the Superuser app.
8. Your device should be completely rooted now!
The LG GT540 Optimus itself allowed us to gain the root access and with the help of the Superuser, we now have privilege to provide system access to applications on your device.
III. Flash a Custom Recovery Image (Optional):
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the LG GT540 Optimus to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
TheUnlockr.com, your source for how to root, hack, and mod to unlock your device's true potential.Look for your device here to get started.
Need a custom ROM?Check out our ROM Repository to view all the ROMs available for your device.
Check out David's latest videos here.