How to Root the LG Optimus One P500
LG Optimus One P500 was launched with Android 2.2 Froyo running on the board, eventually, the phone got updated to the Android 2.3 Gingerbread. With millions of its units sold worldwide, the LG Optimus One has been a successful smartphone. If you own this beautiful smartphone and want to root it, here we have a guide for you. It shows how you can root your LG Optimus One P500 easily.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You’re going to void the warranty of your device by rooting it.
2. You must be running on the Android 2.2/2.2.1/2.3.3.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. SuperOneClick (It’s attached there in the first post)
Note: If you’re running on the Android 2.3.3, download SuperOneClick 1.9.5 version.
III. Rooting the LG Optimus One P500:
1. Download and place the SuperOneClick archive on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the SuperOneClick archive to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device from Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
4. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click the SuperOneClick executable file and it should launch.
6. Click on the Root button in the tool and it should begin rooting your device.
7. As soon as it has done rooting your device, you’ll get a notification.
Superb! Your device’s successfully been rooted using the SuperOneClick method. It’s damn easy to root devices using this method, just plug-in your device and hit Root and you’re all set!
IV. Flash a Custom Recovery Image (Optional):
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the LG Optimus One P500 to learn how to do that.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.