How to Unroot the LG Optimus Black
Sooner or Later, almost all the Android smartphones users unroot their devices. They do so to reclaim the warranty they lost when they rooted their devices. If you’re going to sell your smartphone and don’t want the buyer to know that you’ve rooted your smartphone, then just follow our guide and you should end up with no root access on your device. It explains everything you need to know to unroot your LG Optimus Black smartphone. Here you go:
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device using the GingerBreak exploit explained in this post.
2. This should reinstate the warranty you lost after rooting your device.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. GingerBreak (It’s attached with the first post in the thread)
III. Unrooting the LG Optimus Black:
1. Place the GingerBreak APK file onto your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Transfer the APK file over to the SD card storage of your device. Put it in the root folder, it’ll make it easier to find it later.
4. Disconnect the device from your PC after the file has been transferred to it.
5. Open My files on your device and tap on the APK file to install it.
6. Launch the GingerBreak app you just installed from the Menu of your device.
7. In the app, tap on the UnRoot device button.
8. It should start unrooting your device.
9. You’ll be notified as soon as the unrooting is done!
Amazing! The GingerBreak app made it a lot easier to unroot the LG Optimus Black smartphone. It didn’t take even five minutes and you got your device unrooted!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
TheUnlockr.com, your source for how to root, hack, and mod to unlock your device's true potential.Look for your device here to get started.
Need a custom ROM?Check out our ROM Repository to view all the ROMs available for your device.
Check out David's latest videos here.