If you’ve rooted your Atrix 2 smartphone, the next step towards customizing your phone is install a custom recovery. When you have a custom recovery installed on your device, you aren’t afar from the custom ROMs and Tweaks floating around for your smartphone and in the following guide, we’re going to show you how you can install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Motorola Atrix 2 smartphone.
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our how to root the Motorola Atrix 2 procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. This is an unofficial version of the ClockworkMod Recovery.
1. Atrix 2 Bootstrap (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Download and place the Atrix 2 Bootstrap APK file on your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the APK file you just downloaded over to the root folder of your SD card.
4. Disconnect the device after the file has been copied to the device.
5. On your device, head to Menu>>Settings>>Security and enable the Unknown sources option.
6. Now, open My files on your device and tap on the APK file you copied earlier to install it.
7. As soon as the app is installed on your device, launch it from Menu.
8. From the app interface, tap BootStrap Recovery option.
9. You should be asked to provide Superuser access, allow it. It should then begin flashing the recovery on your device.
10. After the recovery is installed, choose Reboot Recovery to boot your phone into the Recovery mode.
11. And you’re all done!
You should be inside the ClockworkMod Recovery from where you can flash new ROMs or take backup of your current ROM!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Motorola Atrix 2 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.