The users of Motorola Atrix were happy when they found that the device can be rooted using the SuperOneClick Method, it’s the easiest method to root any Android device. You can use the same tool to unroot your device. You might wonder why you should unroot your device when it’s working fine, well, unrooting lets you reclaim the warranty of your device. Let’s see how you can unroot your Motorola Atrix smartphone.
1. You must have rooted your smartphone using the procedure given here. If you’ve rooted your smartphone using any other method, the following procedure won’t work for you.
2. Your PC must be running on Windows OS.
3. Make sure your smartphone is charged to have at least 60% of battery life left.
1. SuperOneClick (It’s attached in the first post, make sure to download the latest version)
1. Download and place the SuperOneClick ZIP on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the ZIP archive to your Desktop.
3. Enable USB debugging on your device from Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging, check-mark the box.
4. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Right-click on the SuperOneClick executable file you have on your Desktop and choose Run as administrator.
6. Now, from the main interface of tool, click on the Unroot button.
7. It should issue some commands to unroot your device, wait for a few seconds.
8. As soon as the unrooting is done, you’ll be notified by the tool.
Amazing! Your smartphone has now successfully been unrooted with the One-Click method and you can remove those root-only apps from your device!
Image Credit: GSMArena
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.